Environment: Windows Server 2008 Standard with MSQL, MySQL, and IIS installed
Story: Tried to install Apache HTTP Server 2.216 with default configuration on a Windows Server 2008 and got the below error message during start up.
Error Message: The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
- Stop or disable IIS (World Wide Web Publishing Service)
- Run >netstat -ao from the command prompt and you will see PID(4) is accessing 0.0.0.0:80
- Open task manager and add the process id to the process tab. You will see that the process with pid(4) has the name “System”
- (“System” ~ Microsoft) Therefore, you can try to stop Microsoft related web apps such as SQL server reporting services
- Once you have disabled SSRS, you can go ahead and start up your Apache web server.